Are you a school that have students that are at risk, have school disengagement?
Do you have students, struggling with social skills, anxiety, self -harming or maybe they have experienced a lot of trauma and grief and loss?
I tailor small Art Therapy groups to the needs of your school!! I can do this in Primary and Secondary schools.
These small Art Therapy Groups of up to 12 participants can be set up in schools but also in the community as required. I use a psycho-educational strength based approach, and incorporating creative arts therapy.
These groups are designed to meet the needs of your students, so after discussions of the individual students I will design an Art Therapy Group that will best benefit these students.
These Art Therapy Groups start with a weekly check in, a set topic that is explored for that session, the use of brainstorming, discussions, games, looking at strengths and exploring the topic deeper through the use of creative arts therapy. The use of art can bring language and words when there wasn’t any language before.
Benefits of Art Therapy Groups
- Build positive connections and a sense of belonging
- Realise that you are not alone with your issues
- Improve social skills and learn ways to deal with big emotions
- Build resilience and confidence
- Learn new coping strategies and problem solving skills
- Deepen self-awareness and self-expression through the use of art
- Be more aware of own strengths